There are a variety of reasons why a website does not behave how it should and oftentimes website owners are not really aware of all of the possibilities that could slow down the growth of their website over time.
Here are my top 10 reasons people hate your website:
1. Too many Google Ads: Trying to monetize your site is perfectly fine, but covering the entire homepage with Google ads is not going to make you successful.
2. Poor Load Time: You don’t want your audience to sit there for a minute because the load time of your website is very slow. They will leave.
3. Poor Graphics: Your graphics need to appeal to your audience and if yours do not you might get people leaving your website fairly quickly.
4. Confusing Layout: Your website needs to lead your traffic down a path and a confusing layout might turn them off or really confuse them.
5. Poor Navigation: Your website navigation should be laid out thoroughly and in a fashion that is not confusing to your audience.
6. Too Much SEO: Nobody wants to view a website that has more links than content so make sure that it is first readable by your audience before you SEO it to death.
7. No Blog: Believe it or not there are certain people that will not engage with your website if it doesn’t have a blog.
8. Lack of Contact Info: Visible contact info is something that allows website visitors to feel warm and fuzzy in order to make further contact with your company.
9. Broken Links: Always make sure that the links on your website are working and not broken. People really don’t like clicking on links that lead them to nowhere.
10. Lack of Information: Your website should have the proper information to answer any of your website visitor’s questions. A lack of information could cause them to go elsewhere.
Make sure that you go through your website with a fine toothed comb and clean up any of these Website Building 101 concerns that sometimes plague website owners from growing their business well into the future. Make sure that people do not HATE your website!